Welcome to the West Michigan Alcoholics Anonymous District 13 web site. District 13 covers the areas of Charlevoix and Emmet County and the towns of Alanson, Beaver Island, Boyne City, Boyne Falls, Charlevoix, Conway, East Jordan, Harbor Springs, Pellston and Petoskey. This is an informational site intended for those interested in Alcoholics Anonymous. On this web site you will find information about area AA and Alanon meetings, activities and various resources for those who are concerned with substance abuse, addiction and recovery
The 12 Steps
1. We admitted that we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanagable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of Character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.